Higher International Diploma in Civil Engineering
Higher International diploma in Civil Engineering is a level 5 qualification, it is an evergreen branch in engineering discipline as it influences all the aspects of life. This qualification aims to provide the learners with explicit knowledge on construction material, methods, techniques, structural analysis and design. Learners should also be capable of involving in activities like planning, maintenance and disposal systems if required. This qualification is an intense vocational training course that includes improvement in communication, electronic tools and professional ethics to make the learner acquire skills that is essential to be an aspiring civil engineer. With the expanse of infrastructure development projects, there is a high demand for Civil Engineering jobs in Dubai/UAE. This is an opportunity for you to jumpstart your career after graduation. Learners are equipped with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to meet the demand and aiming to enter the field of Civil Engineering.
Civil Engineering is ideal for those looking for short term courses to get job in Dubai. This qualification is the apt choice for those who wish to seek employment in civil engineering field or advance in the construction/ Civil engineering sector. This qualification demands good design, problem solving and management skills. The qualification enables the learner to work in various department of the construction/Civil engineering that involves planning, designing, construction, maintenance and supervision of the infrastructure and sales.
Why you need to choose this course?
- To become industry ready: ASTI highlights in practical based learning process and helps learners to stand out in real-life situations among the training centers in Dubai.
- Advance your career: For assured growth and sustainability in the workplace or career.
- Better salary: Increase the earning potential in a short duration.
- Professional credibility and Global accreditation: The qualification is globally recognized and accepted as it is an international accredited diploma course in Dubai.
Why choose ASTI for HID in Automobile Engineering
- State of the art infrastructure for diploma courses in Dubai.
- Faculty with industrial experience.
- Internships in Dubai.
- ASTI includes the real life complex industrial needs in curriculum that makes the learner industry ready.
- One among the most recognized engineering colleges in Dubai with more than two decades of presence in educational sector.
- Licensed by QAD, UAE/KHDA an authority of regulations for engineering colleges in Dubai, UAE and Foreign Ministry, Dubai.
- More than 29 corporate clients.
- Qualification recognized and awarded by an international course provider.
- Highly experienced and proficient faculty.
- Emphasis on practical learning to deliver in real-life situations.
- Online learning management system enabling to study anywhere, anytime.
- Exclusive study materials and e-library support enabling 24*7 availability.
- Live tutor and mentor support.
- Qualification title: Higher International Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Qualification level: 5
- Qualification code: HID-CI:ASTI.
- Qualification type: Vocational.
- Awarding Body: EduQual – UK.
- Approved by: Government of Dubai.
To complete level 5 Higher International Diploma in Civil Engineering a total of 240 credits were required with 12 mandatory units.
|Unit||Name of the Unit||Credits|
|1)||Technical Drawings With Engineering Graphics||12|
|2)||Workshop And General Safety||12|
|3)||IT Application For Engineers||12|
|4)||Construction Material, Method And Techniques||12|
|5)||Practical Application Of Civil Constructions||12|
|6)||Applied Mathematics For Civil Engineering||12|
|7)||Site Survey And Practice||12|
|8)||Geotechnical And Foundation Engineering||12|
|9)||Civil Structural Analysis & Design||15|
|10)||Hydraulics In Civil Engineering||15|
|11)||Civil Blueprint Reading And Estimation||15|
Assessment and Grading:
The assessments will be at unit level. The assessments blend in the combination of practical, theoretical examinations, assignments for individual units. The assessment for individual units for this qualification is done internally and then concluded externally by the Awarding authority.
Flexible online assessment strategy of ASTI helps the learners to overcome complex situations for completing assessments on time.
Learners must attain at least 40% of the marks in each assessment and that the average scores of all tasks in an assignment must be a minimum of 40% of the overall marks awarded.
For successful completion the learner should pass all the assessments.
The Grade System:
The EduQual grade system is followed
- learners aged 18 years and above
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering or other related qualifications
- Associated work experience.
For more information or query on entry requirements contact Ph. +971 4280 9955
email: [email protected]
Career path ahead:
On completing the Higher International diploma in Civil Engineering the learner may progress to higher studies with respect to the relevant course/Qualification or work in the construction or civil engineering sector.